The following information is provided to you to familiarize you with the exam process.
- The examination takes place at the Holiday Inn/ Clarion Hotel Sherwood Park – Conference Centre (2100 Premier Way, Sherwood Park, Alberta).
Note: Location subject to change. See your confirmation email and check the website prior to exam.
- You should arrive at the exam at least 60 – 90 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Note: CANDIDATES WHO ARRIVE LATE MAY NOT BE ADMITTED.
- Registration desks will be set up outside the exam rooms in alphabetical order by the candidate’s last name. There may be multiple exam rooms; please check for signage that will direct you to the correct registration desk.
- You will be called into the exam room 15 to 30 minutes prior to your exam start time.
- A brief presentation will be done prior to the exam to ensure you have a clear understanding of the exam process and rules.
- Invigilators will be in the room at all times to monitor the exam.
- EMR exams contain 200 multiple-choice questions. You have 3.5 hours to write the exam.
- PCP and ACP exams contain 200 multiple-choice questions. You have 3.5 hours to write the exam.
- All communication devices and electronics that can send or receive a signal are not permitted. Simple calculators are allowed. All calculators will be checked and approved by exam staff prior to being used.
- Wrists must be free from all devices including, but not limited to, watches, bracelets, Fitbits, etc.
- Weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- You will need to bring:
- Government-issued picture ID (driver’s licence or passport) OR two of the following: SIN card, AHCIP card, birth certificate or school identification.
- Two HB pencils and a white eraser.
- You can leave the exam once you have finished and do not have to wait for the allotted time.
- Results will be available on your profile through the Navigation Portal under the “Exam” tab within 4 weeks of exam day.