New EMR Clinical Exam March 2017
Written and Clinical
Beginning March 2017 the EMR written exam is expanding to 200 multiple choice questions. Candidates will have three and a half hours to complete all of the questions.
The practical component of our exam will also be changing. Starting in March we will be implementing the new EMR clinical exam as well.
The clinical exam is made up of two components:
- an assessment similar to our current model
- and second is a clinical skills evaluation.
For the skills evaluation every candidate will be required to:
- describe and physically demonstrate CPR and AED use, using proper sequence and technique on high fidelity simulation CPR mannequins, as well as hand positioning
- describe and physically demonstrate proper spinal motion restriction using a backboard and associated equipment
- and describe and physically demonstrate a third competency which will be chosen from a list of skill stations posted on our website under exams.
If you have any questions regarding the new EMR exam, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.