How to apply for an exam
If you are eligible and wish to take the exam, you must complete the following steps:
- Determine your preferred dates to take the exam: Exam Schedule.
- Complete the application form in the navigation portal for the designation you wish to write.
- If you are already registered with the College or have attempted an exam in the past, an account has already been created for you. For inquiries regarding this account, contact the College.
- If you are NOT currently registered as a practitioner and have NEVER attempted a Provincial Registration Examination before, you must create an account to apply for an exam. Create one account ONLY.
- Submit the application form, including proof of program completion and fees, to the College.
- Proof of program completion documents: For examinations, graduates of Alberta approved programs can submit either the Confirmation of Approved Program Completion Form provided by their educational institution or a copy of either their official transcript or certificate of graduation.
- Current fee schedule can be found on the website here.
- An application is considered incomplete if documentation and/or fees are not submitted. Applications will not be processed until these are received.
- Ensure your application is submitted as early as possible as there is limited space at the exam.
- Applications will be processed until maximum capacity is reached or the posted deadline date.
- Applications submitted after the application deadline will be deferred to the next available exam.
- After being approved for the exam, you will receive a confirmation email indicating the date and time you are scheduled for your written exam. The letter will also contain an Examination ID Number, which you will need to determine your practical examination date and time.
- The practical exam schedule will be posted on our website 10 days prior to the exam and is listed by Examination ID number.
- Do not delete this email, as the College will not give out your ID number or practical exam time over the phone.
- If you misplace this number, you will be provided your practical exam time at the written exam.
- Check your junk mail for the confirmation email.
- Applications are processed within 10 days. If you have not received an email from the College after this time-frame has passed, please contact the Exam Department.