If you are:
- An international paramedicine practitioner, you may be eligible to apply for examination or registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics. You are eligible if:
- You are a graduate of a foreign paramedicine education program and/or
- You are a registered member of a paramedic profession regulated by a provincial, state or national regulator.
- Note: International equivalency applicants are required to participate in an equivalency review process to determine equivalency of their education, experience and scope.
- A certified Advanced Emergency Medical Certified Attendant (AEMCA) who has completed a training program within the previous 12 months. Upon the conclusion of the equivalency review you may be eligible to apply for the Alberta provincial registry examination.
To complete the equivalency review process please complete the following steps:
- Submission of an equivalency review application and payment of the required fee. The payment of a non-refundable application fee is required.
- Include with the application the material requested under ‘GUIDELINES’ on the application.
Note: This application is not a registration application and should be considered applicable for preliminary equivalency review only. Applicants are responsible for addressing their validity to practice in Canada, if applicable.
Once the College has received your application and documentation, the application enters a preliminary review. Upon completion of the review the College will contact you with the review results.