The College Council is accountable for the overall governance of the Alberta College of Paramedics, which includes:
- Setting the strategic direction for the College
- Developing and approving policy
- Ensuring the College meets all legislated and regulatory requirements
- Approving the College’s annual operational budget (and members’ fees)
- Ensuring the Chief Executive Officer provides leadership and efficiently conducts College business
Council is made up of nine elected regulated members and three public members (who are appointed by government).