The Continuing Competence Program is undergoing changes to further align ourselves with the Health Professions Act. Because cardiopulmonary resuscitation is fundamental to the paramedic profession, the College has decided that this year’s required competency is 2017 certification in CPR/HCP.
- CPR-C certification must be from the following five providers:
- CPR-C or HCP certification must be completed in and have an issue date of 2017.
- Practitioners earn 30 Continuing Competence credits for completion of one of the aforementioned certifications.
- Practitioners are able to receive credit for provider or instructor certification.
- Practitioners who carry CPR or BLS instructor certification can use this to fulfill the required competency. To submit instructor certification, a January 1, 2017 completion date or instruction date of 2017 is to be entered.
- Out of country practitioners may take CPR certification from ILCOR member providers.
- Certification is to be uploaded to the certificates tab in the navigation portal. Upon review, the required competency will show as completed under the continuing competence tab in the navigation portal.