If you have graduated from an Alberta College of Paramedics approved educational program at the Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) level, you can apply for Provisional Registration. To be considered eligible for Provisional Registration, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your graduation date must be within one year prior to the date of your complete application.
To apply for Provisional Registration, you must submit a complete application including supporting documentation, and pay the required registration fees. During the College’s transition to the Health Professions Act please access and submit the Provisional Registration Package to email@example.com.
NOTE: While applications can be scanned or faxed to the College, original transcripts must be mailed or brought into the College office. See application for details regarding transcript submission.
Conditions associated with PROVISIONAL registration
Practitioners registered as provisional practitioners may only provide health services, at their provisional discipline level, if they are under the supervision of a registered practitioner who meets all the following criteria:
- The supervising member currently holds general registration (not provisional or restricted registration) with the College at the same or a higher discipline level as the provisional practitioner,
- The supervising member is approved by their employer to provide direct supervision,
- A college order does not prevent the practitioner from supervising another member, and
- The supervising member can only provide direct supervision of activities that they are able to independently practise.
- The supervising member must directly supervise the practice and be able to immediately and physically intervene with no delay in patient care.
(As designated by Provincial legislation and in the College’s Supervised Practice Policy)