The renewal period was November 1 to December 31; however, you are able to reactivate your suspended practice permit from January 1 until midnight February 12.
To reactivate your practice permit, you must first comply with any outstanding Continuing Competence requirements.
Reactivating your practice permit between January 1 and February 12:
- Applications will be accepted from January 1 until midnight February 12
- The cost to reactivate your practice permit is $568.75 ($393.75 renewal fee and $175 late fee)
- Your professional liability insurance must be up to date. If it expired, you will need to renew your insurance and update your member portal profile with the new policy # and expiry date
If you have not reactivated your practice permit by February 13, your practice permit will be cancelled.
Steps to reactivate your practice permit:
- Sign into the Member Portal
- Make sure your liability insurance information is up to date
- Click on applications at the top of the screen and choose Practice Permit Renewal 2019
- Answer the questions in the Practice Permit Renewal form
- Complete payment of renewal fee and late fee by credit card (Visa, Visa Debit or MasterCard) or click pay in office*
- Click submit
What about Continuing Competence?
The previous Continuing Competence (CC) cycle ended on December 31, 2018. You must meet all required credits and the mandatory CPR competency to reactivate your practice permit for 2019. You will also need to have all your CC activities recorded on your profile before the application to renew will be available to you.
If you need help:
If you prefer to reactivate your practice permit in the office, there will be computers available and staff to assist you.
|Regular hours:||8 – 4 pm, Monday to Friday|
Telephone: 780-410-4146 or toll free at 1-877-351-2267