Under the Health Professions Act, regulated members are required to renew their practice permit every year. The renewal period was November 1 to December 31; however, you will be able to reactivate your suspended practice permit between January 1 until midnight February 12. To reactivate your practice permit, you must submit your application and payment, and comply with any outstanding Continuing Competence requirements.
What you need to know about reactivating your practice permit between January 1 and February 12:
- If you did not renew by December 31, your practice permit was suspended on January 1 and you will not be permitted to practice until you reactivate your practice permit.
- Applications for reactivating practice permits can be submitted between January 1 until midnight February 12.
- Fees for reactivating practice permits are $700 ($525 renewal fee and $175 late fee).
- You’ll need to make sure your professional liability insurance is up to date. If it expired, you will need to renew your insurance and update your member portal profile with the new policy # and expiry date.
- If you have not reactivated your practice permit by February 13, your practice permit will be cancelled.
What you need to do to reactivate your practice permit:
- Sign into the Member Portal
- Make sure your liability insurance information is up to date
- Click on applications at the top of the screen and choose Practice Permit Renewal 2018 (it will be near the bottom of the list)
- Answer the questions
- Either complete payment by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or click pay in office*
- Click submit
(*Note: Late fees will now apply.)
What about Continuing Competence?
The Continuing Competence cycle is a two-year cycle (2017/2018). That means you have two years to acquire your 120 required credits. The required competency for 2017 is CPR. You will be able to reactivate your practice permit if you have not yet completed it; however, you will be required to complete both the 2017 and 2018 required competencies before you will be able to renew for 2019.
If you need help:
If you prefer to reactivate your practice permit in the office, there will be computers available and staff to assist you.
|Regular hours:||8 – 4 pm, Monday to Friday|
Telephone: 780-410-4146 or toll free at 1-877-351-2267