Under the Health Professions Act, regulated members are required to renew their practice permit every year. To complete your renewal, you must submit your application and payment, and comply with any outstanding Continuing Competence requirements by December 31, 2018.
What you need to know about this year’s renewal:
- There is no increase to renewal fees for 2019.
- The fees charged will be for a nine-month period ($393.75) and your practice permit will be valid for nine months (January 1 – September 30) to transition to the new timing for annual renewal. Please note: this is not a fee reduction. It is a prorated amount to align with the shorter practice permit for this transition.
- You must meet all Continuing Competence requirements and have updated your record before you can access the renewal application.
- You must complete your application and payment on or before December 31, 2018.
- You should update your professional liability insurance expiry details.
- If you have not renewed before the deadline, your practice permit will be suspended on January 1 and you will not be permitted to practice until you complete your renewal.
- A $175 late fee will be applied to your renewal if you complete it between January 1 and February 12.
- If you have not completed your renewal by February 12, your practice permit will be cancelled.
What you need to do to renew:
- Sign into the Member Portal
- Make sure you have met all your Continuing Competence requirements (If you do not meet the CC requirements, you won’t be able to access the renewal form)
- Click on applications at the top of the screen and choose Practice Permit Renewal 2019 (it will be near the bottom of the list)
- Answer the questions in the Practice Permit Renewal form
- Complete payment by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or click pay in office*
- Click submit
(*Note: If you plan to send in your payment or complete payment in office, you’ll need to do so on or before December 31. Certified cheques/money orders must be received by the College before the deadline to avoid late fees.)
The current Continuing Competence (CC) cycle ends this year. You must meet all required credits and the mandatory CPR competency to renew for 2019. You will also need to have all your CC activities recorded on your profile before the application to renew will be available to you.
Make sure your expiry date on your profile for your professional liability insurance is up to date. We do not get details about your policy from your provider, so it is up to you to make sure your policy details are updated. If your expiry is still January 1, 2019; you will be suspended on January 1 due to inactive insurance – even if you’ve renewed on time.
If you need help:
If you prefer to complete your renewal in the office, there will be computers available and staff to assist you. We’re here to help.
|Regular hours:||8 am – 4 pm, Monday to Friday||November 1 to December 21|
|8 am – 12 pm, Monday||December 24|
|Extended hours:||8 am – 6 pm, Thursday and Friday||December 27 – 28|
|8 am – 4 pm||December 29|
|8 am – 6 pm, Monday||December 31|
Telephone: 780-410-4146 or toll free at 1-877-351-2267