Under the Health Professions Act, regulated members are required to renew their practice permit every year. The renewal period is November 1 to December 31. To complete your renewal, you must submit your application and payment, and comply with any outstanding Continuing Competence requirements.
What you need to know about renewal:
- There is no increase to renewal fees for 2018: it remains $525.
- You’ll need to complete your application and payment on or before December 31, 2017.
- You’ll need to make sure your professional liability insurance is up to date. If it expires at the end of 2017, you’ll be able to renew, but you will still be suspended on January 1 for expired insurance – so please make sure you’re updating this by the end of the year.
- If you have not renewed before the deadline, your practice permit will be suspended on January 1 and you will not be permitted to practice until you complete your renewal.
- A $175 late fee will be applied to your renewal if you complete it between January 1 and February 12.
- If you have not completed your renewal by February 12, your practice permit will be cancelled.
What you need to do to renew:
- Sign into the Member Portal
- Make sure your liability insurance information is up to date
- Click on applications at the top of the screen and choose Practice Permit Renewal 2018 (it will be near the bottom of the list)
- Answer the questions
- Either complete payment by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or click pay in office*
- Click submit
(*Note: If you plan to send in your payment or complete payment in office, you’ll need to do so on or before December 30. Certified cheques/money orders must be received by the College before the deadline to avoid late fees.)
What about Continuing Competence?
The Continuing Competence cycle is a two-year cycle (2017/2018). That means you have two years to acquire your 120 required credits. The required competency for 2017 is CPR. You will be able to renew if you have not yet completed it; however, you will be required to complete both the 2017 and 2018 required competencies before you will be able to renew for 2019.
If you need help:
If you prefer to complete your renewal in the office, there will be computers available and staff to assist you.
|Regular hours:||8 – 4 pm, Monday to Friday||November 1 and December 22|
|Extended hours:||8 – 7 pm, Wednesday to Friday||December 27 – 29|
|8 – 4 pm, Saturday||December 30|
We will not be available on Sunday, December 31; so please ensure you seek any assistance before the 31st.
Telephone: 780-410-4146 or toll free at 1-877-351-2267