If you are an international paramedicine practitioner or if you practice in an unregulated Canadian province, you may be eligible to apply for registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics.
The Substantial Equivalency Review will determine your education, experience and scope equivalency. To initiate this process, please apply for a substantial equivalency review. (International applicants are responsible for addressing their validity to practice in Canada, if applicable.)
You are eligible if:
- You are a graduate of a foreign paramedicine education program and/or you are a registered member of a paramedic profession regulated by a provincial, state or national regulator; or
- You are a practitioner in an unregulated Canadian province/jurisdiction
- A certified Advanced Emergency Medical Certified Attendant (AEMCA) who has completed a training program within the previous 12 months. Upon the conclusion of the equivalency review you may be eligible to apply for the Alberta provincial registry examination.
To complete the Substantial Equivalency Review process please complete the following steps:
- Submission of the Registration Application and payment of the required fee. (The payment of a non-refundable application fee is required.)
- Include all material requested on the application.
Once the College has received your application and documentation, the application enters a preliminary review. Upon completion of the preliminary review a comprehensive review may be required; this detailed review has an additional fee.